SlashData is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 40,000+ developers annually – across mobile, IoT, desktop, cloud AR/VR and machine learning – to help clients such as Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Amazon understand who developers are, what tools they love or hate and where they are going next.
We’re now looking for a full-time Lead Visual Designer to lead and own the design of every customer touchpoint – across web, reports, infographics and print. You’ll be based in Europe, working from home, a co-working space or our Athens-based office to support our distributed team.
You are a Senior Designer, able to stretch from art direction to graphic design, to information and web design. You are comfortable with leading design at a company that’s continually pushing the envelope of digital production. You have 5+ years experience in design across diverse clients (typically as part of an agency), but set yourself apart with a data-centric approach and a strong design vision.
If you’re that person, we’d love to talk.
What you’ll be responsible for
- You will have authority and responsibility for the design of every company touchpoint with the customer – from client-facing websites and infographics to developer-facing community sites, live visualisations, our data visualisation product, our report templates and much more – all under a coherent brand identity.
- You will have web design, graphic design and information design skills to deliver high-end design experiences across a wide range of digital media. Front-end development skills are a bonus and so are illustration or animation skills.
- You will need to stretch from design thinking (what / why should go on that page) to execution (how it’s designed to pixel level), to data analysis of how the design changes improved our goals (what worked, what didn’t, why, how to fix it).
- You will work closely with the analyst team to turn concepts into illustrations and boring charts into unique visualisations and infographics. You will be juggling with charts for several reports, promptly addressing the team’s comments to polish each chart to perfection.
What skills we are looking for
– An impressive design portfolio focusing on both user experience and aesthetics
– Proven web design experience beyond graphics, i.e. demonstrating understanding of information architecture and interaction design, i.e. how to guide users to discover information and then convert effectively
– Experience in working with information and data that tell a story
– Cross-screen approach to web design, with a mobile-first approach
– Ability to multitask and manage your own time
– Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
– Data-savvy, always looking to learn how the design changes improved our goals, and iterate
– Experience in working with and ideally leading other designers as part of a team
– Proficiency in UI/UX design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Invision or other visual design and wireframing tools you master)
– Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies
– BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a Visual Arts subject or relevant working experience
– Comfortable working as part of a distributed team across four countries
– Keen to work in an entrepreneurial environment and push the company to continually grow
– Fluent in English speaking and writing
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of the leading research company in the developer economy
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Come to work in a t-shirt, shorts andflip flops, or tie and a suit
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium subscription
- Your laptop of choice + large monitor
- Part of an entrepreneurial company that’s raising the bar, and calling the trends of the developer economy
SlashData is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 40,000+ developers annually - across mobile, IoT, desktop, cloud AR/VR and machine learning - to help clients such as Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Amazon understand who developers are, what tools they love or hate and where they are going next.