The Embedded Software Engineer will contribute to the software design and development of a custom wireless IoT device that will be the core of an innovative IoT solution for monitoring industrial equipment.
- Develop and test software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Design software architecture and modular software components
- Work closely with the hardware development team in order to validate new
- Document and support implemented code
- Mentor junior engineers and highlight best practices
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as embedded systems engineer with demonstrated success in
designing, developing and debugging complex real-time application and microprocessor
- Solid programming skills in C/C++ and object-oriented design concepts
- Working experience with embedded Linux (e.g., boot loader, file system customization,
device drivers, kernel hacking, memory management)
- Working experience with communications protocols (ZigBee, TCP/IP), interfaces (I2C, SPI,
Modbus) and hardware subsystems
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Prior experience with open-source IoT frameworks
- Working knowledge with ARM-based processors
- Working experience on Python and/or Java programming
- Experience with version control systems
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- possess excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- contribute to a positive team environment
- fully understand software engineering concepts and procedures
- be fluent in English
- demonstrate strong technical writing skills
- be organized and methodical
- enjoy learning new things!
About METIS Cyberspace Technology S.A.
Our vision is to set our high expertise and innovative thinking in the Information Intelligence field at the disposal of global Maritime Transportation in order to strengthen the security of maritime routes, minimize the impact on the environment and reduce the sea transport cost of products and people.
The development of products that will apply the technologies of the 4th Industrial Revolution in Maritime Transportation, playing a leading role in the inevitable evolution of Maritime Sector that induces rapid technological progress in all aspects of human activity.